Learning Reflection (6th) of Seminar in English Language Teaching Course

   For this week, teacher reviewed about Learning in 21st Century. We learned from the research and websites that the teacher suggested.

21st Century Curriculum and Instruction
  • - Teaches 21st century skills discretely in the context of key subjects and 21st century interdisciplinary themes
  • - Focuses on providing opportunities for applying 21st century skills across content areas and for a competency-based approach to learning
  • - Enables innovative learning methods that integrate the use of supportive technologies, inquiry- and problem-based approaches and higher order thinking skills
  • - Encourages the integration of community resources beyond school walls

  • Then, the teacher gave handout about the data of classroom learning contexts: teacher descriptions. 

  • After that, she assigned everyone in my class to think and discuss about the teaching method, learning activities, level of students, atmosphere etc. There was 3 contexts such as An English Lesson in Malaysia, Mozambique and China.
        Moreover, from the discussion, teacher asked about what English Lesson that I like and what reason why I like. For me, I like Malaysia context because it focus on student and have interaction between teacher and students. On the other hand, I didn't like the Chinese context because no have interaction between teacher and students, just only gave lectures and  students made notes. It so bored and didn't active.


        The easy that I found from this class, I like the teaching method of teacher. She gave me discuss with my partner for changing the information and ideas. I think it so fun when I try to speak English for explanation.


       About the difficult, for this class I didn't found it. May be the teacher gave the text which had east words so that easy to understand. And my attitude for this class I enjoy and happy with class.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Diary

Denque Fever

Learning Reflection (3rd) of Seminar in English language Teaching Course