Learning Reflection (3rd) of Seminar in English language Teaching Course

     From last week, teacher assigned me to discuss about ESL, EFL, EIL and the role of English in Thailand. So, today we have to present about that into the class. After that, teacher assigned everyone in the class to watch the video about  "The Global Englishes" of Crystal, D.


     From the video we learned the Global Englishes is using English language as a common means of communication across cultures or we can called "lingua franca" which used among people who speak various different language.



     Global English is a style of writing that makes written English more easily understood by non-native speakers. Global English does this by being precise, logical and literal. It is the language of manual and technical writers who want their writing to be extremely clear to anyone who reads it.   The things that make I think this topic is easy, because I prepared to search the information about Global English before we learned. So, I have know already about Global Englishes and when the teacher assigned me to watch the video, that made me got more the information about the Global Englishes.


    Then, the difficult that I found that was my listening skill. I can't understand the words that Crystal said on the video clearly. But I can caught some point that he said. So, It made me known I have to practice about listening skill more and more for understand clearly.


   About my attitudes toward this lesson, I think I like to work in group. The teacher assigned me to work in group for sharing the information and helping to each other. Moreover, It made students have to accept each other ideas and have to comment when we have the suggestion.


Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this interesting and knowledgeable information as we also working with Teaching in Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its such a nice post and thanks for sharing it with us. If you want to join TEFL course in Thailand, you can visit UniTEFL International

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Diary

Denque Fever